Paris 16th district Trocadero

Trocadéro

Paris 16th Trocadero

The powerful Delessert family settled in the Chaillot neighborhood as early as 1800 and, thanks to successive acquisitions, became the owner of practically the entire length of the Seine banks. They set up a manufacture in the Bonshommes order’s former convent, and in Passy established a sugar beet factory. Napoleon I had planned to construct here the Palais du “Roi de Rome” (his son) ... .a project which fell through. After various other projects, in 1876 under the direction of architect Davioud, a Moorish-style palace was built to commemorate the important military victory on August 31st, 1823 achieved by the Duke of Angouleme (son of Charles X and ephemeral King of France under the name Louis XIX): the capture of the fort de Trocadero which led to the fall of Cadiz and France’s victory in the war in Spain. This unattractive monument was destroyed and replaced in 1938 by the current Palais de Chaillot, a remarkable Art Deco ensemble. In the surrounding area, the former Delessert estate was divided into plots in the mid-19th century, with the buildings around the aerial metro the last to have been built.

Trocadero, among the world’s major tourist attractions, dominates Paris from the top of Chaillot hillock, and is of course one of the capital’s best-known landmarks.

From the Palais de Chaillot, the picture-postcard view of the Eiffel Tower has been captured an inconceivable number of times, and the neighborhood offers a chic and pleasant environment for residents. They may stroll along the Seine, visit the Paris Aquarium, or eat and drink in the many restaurants and brasseries around the Esplanade du Trocadero.

About 50% of luxury realty around Avenue d'Eylau, Rue Greuze, Avenue Paul Doumer, and Avenue Kléber consists of two and three-room apartments, with prices ranging from 7,400 to 10,500 €/m² (Source Efficity).

Apartments with over 5 rooms represent only 10% of the stock, but are in the majority exceptionally appointed.
Avenue Kleber 75116 Paris

Avenue Kleber 75116 Paris

This avenue in 1783 bordered the walls of the “Fermiers Généraux”. In 1864 bearing the name Roi de Rome it took its current position and after 1879 was renamed Kleber after one of Napoleon's generals. A tyre factory established in Colombes in 1911, the French company BF Goodrich, became Kléber-Colombes in 1945 when it set up its head offices in avenue Kleber. The name was simplified to Kleber in 1962.

Avenue Kleber counts several remarkable landmarks

At n° 8: The Iceland Embassy (https://www.iceland.is/iceland-abroad/en)

At n° 17: The prestigious Hotel Restaurant Le Raphael (https://www.raphael-hotel.com/) with its terrace overlooking Paris and the legendary “Iron Lady”.

At n° 19: The Majestic Hotel, founded in 1908 and now renamed The Peninsula Paris. (https://paris.peninsula.com/fr/default). A diplomatic hub, under the occupation it was occupied by the German military high command. It subsequently housed the UNESCO headquarters, then the services of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. It was here that the Paris Agreement ending the Vietnam War was signed in 1973, followed by the Paris agreements on Cambodia in 1991, and the Kléber agreements after the 2003 Ivory Coast rebellion. It was finally sold by the French State for 460 million euro to an investment company from Qatar. Qatari Diar transformed the historic building into a luxury hotel worthy, many say, of a palace hotel.

At n° 50: The Peruvian Embassy (https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/fr/conseils-aux-voyageurs/conseils-par-pays-destination/perou/)

At n° 52: The building where politician and Minister Aristide Briand died on March 7th 1932.

At n° 60: A brick and stone-built building built in 1911 by architect Charles Letrosne.

At n° 88 bis: The Hotel Baltimore (https://sofitel.accorhotels.com/en/hotel-2789-sofitel-paris-baltimore-tour-eiffel/index.shtml#origin=sofitel) where actor and director Max Linder, star of the silent screen, committed suicide on October 31st 1925 with his wife.
Place du Trocadero

Place du Trocadero

The Place du Trocadero, established in 1869 with the name Roi-de-Rome, is a tourist attraction for young and old for both leisure and culture activities. We recommend: Chaillot Palais and Theatre (https://www.theatre-chaillot.fr/fr), The Musée de l’Homme (http://www.museedelhomme.fr/en) which was renovated in October 2015, The Trocadero Gardens (https: // www.parisinfo.com/musee-monument-paris/71144/Jardins-du-Trocadero), and The Paris Aquarium (http://www.cineaqua.com/index.php/en/), a must for children.
Avenue d’ Eylau

Avenue d’ Eylau

Located between two busy avenues, Raymond Poincaré and Georges Mandel, Avenue d'Eylau is a peaceful and unspoilt avenue leading to Place de Mexico. In the immediate vicinity of the Eiffel Tower, the view of the capital’s iconic landmark is breathtaking. This neighborhood appeals particularly to a Russian or Latin American clientele and is a prime location for upmarket realty. Located by Place de Mexico, the Di Vino restaurant (http://www.divino.paris/) is great for a meal or a drink.
Avenue Paul Doumer

Avenue Paul Doumer

Avenue Paul Doumer is relatively recent: completed between 1924 and 1933, it was initially known as Avenue de La Muette before it was renamed after the assassination of the President of the French Republic in 1932. The majority of the buildings date from after the Second World War and particularly from the 1960s. Renowned personalities have included:

At n° 1: French actress Jacqueline Maillan who lived in the building with a rounded facade on the corner of rue Benjamin Franklin and Avenue Paul-Doumer.

It is now Philippe Stark’s residence, with ground floor offices.

At n° 71: Brigitte Bardot

At n° 77: Leo Israelowicz

http://www.parisouest-sothebysrealty.com/estimation-quartier-paris-16eme-iena.html