Paris 15th district Montparnasse

Montparnasse

Montparnasse Boulevard

Its construction was prescribed in 1704, it was laid out in 1714 and started only in 1761. It owes its name to a mound of rubble and nicknamed the Parnasse Mount by the students of the Latin Quarter, and which was still partly visible at the beginning of the Restoration. In 1828 it was still an almost deserted road with few houses, which was only paved from 1839; in the middle of the century, after the installation of lighting in 1843, guinguettes were opened.

- N°20 : location of a small house that once belonged to the Count of Artois