Paris 17th district Courcelles

Courcelles

Paris 17th arrondissement Courcelles

The hamlet of Courcelles which was previously attached to Villiers-la-Garenne was integrated into Levallois-Perret, with the road leading to it becoming rue de Courcelles. This authentic neighborhood offers a very pleasant environment with its streets lined with many shops.
Boulevard Courcelles

Boulevard Courcelles

This boulevard was formed in 1863 based on the track that ran along the “Mur des Fermiers Généraux”. Marking the limit between the capital’s 17th and 8th arrondissements the Boulevard de Courcelles is planted with plane trees and runs beside leafy Parc Monceau. It is lined with many Art Nouveau buildings with remarkable sculptured facades. Madonna lived for a while at number 32. At 106 Boulevard de Courcelles is the world-famous Maison Petrossian Rive Droite.
Rue de Courcelles

Rue de Courcelles

A very old street with different sections which had a variety of names up to 1863. There are numerous shops and restaurants from place du Maréchal Juin to rue de la Boétie. At numbers 14 and 16, a discreet alleyway leads to a true haven of peace: here villas with gardens seem miles away from the busy streets nearby. At 48, rue de Courcelles, an atypical contemporary construction, a Chinese pagoda, symbolizes the love of a man for his country of origin and his adopted country.
Rue des Renaudes

Rue des Renaudes

The Rue des Renaudes begins at Boulevard de Courcelles and ends at Avenue Niel. The whole of this street is lined with private mansions, workshops and elegant residential buildings. Alfred Dreyfus lived at number 7.
Rue Margueritte

Rue Margueritte

Rue Margueritte starts at Boulevard de Courcelles and ends at rue Cardinet. With three other streets it was opened in 1892 on the site of the Batignolles gasworks. This factory employed more than 200 workers who were housed in the cité Lombard (named after the owner) to the western side of Avenue Wagram, while the factory was on the eastern side. All disappeared in 1890. Margueritte was the director of Paris’s gas company. At the junction with Boulevard de Courcelles is the renowned Petrossian boutique, and at number 16, the International Bilingual School offers an international curriculum from kindergarten to high school.
Rue Théodule Ribot

Rue Théodule Ribot

Rue Théodule Ribot runs from Boulevard de Courcelles to Avenue de Wagram. One of four streets opened in 1892, for a year it was called Rue Rennequin-prolongée before taking the name of the artist Ribot. This street is made up of luxurious freestone buildings. Many doctors and solicitors have set up their premises here.