Agence immobilière Neuilly Sablons

Bagatelle

Neuilly-sur-Seine - Bagatelle

Named "Bagatelle" (that is to say practically nothing, a tongue-in-cheek allusion to its cost which was around 4 million) the "Folie d'Artois" is a little chateau built for the brother of King Louis XVI.

The park and castle were built in just sixty-four days following a bet between Marie Antoinette and the Comte d'Artois, the future Charles X, who acquired the estate in 1775.

The plans were drawn up in a single night by architect Bélanger, and over nine hundred men worked on the site.

François-Joseph Bélanger designed the park, and Thomas Blaikie landscaped it in an Anglo-Chinese style, highly fashionable at the time. Linked to the arrival in Europe of images of Chinese pagodas, the trend was also a reaction to the rigor of French formal gardens.
Having survived the destruction of the French Revolution, the park was endowed with an orangery, gates of honor and stables in 1835, and later in 1870 with the guards pavilion, the Trianon and two terraces.

The heir to the widow of Sir Richard Wallace ( née Julie Castelnau, died in London in 1897), sold the estate to the city of Paris in 1904.

On March 15, 1907, it was here that Charles Voisin undertook the first flight in an airplane equipped with an engine (a V8 "Antoinette"). Since 1907, the park’s rose garden hosts an international competition. There are some ten thousand roses in the park representing 1200 different species. Bagatelle Park is one of the capital’s four botanical gardens, along with Auteuil greenhouses to the southeast of the woods, the floral park of Paris and the arboretum of Ecole de Breuil in the Bois de Vincennes www.perso-jardins-bagatelle.net

Classical music space

www.parisetudiant.com/etudiant/lieu/orangerie-du-parc-de-bagatelle.html
Boulevard Richard Wallace

Boulevard Richard Wallace

This boulevard boasts truly magnificent properties.
Rue de la Ferme

Rue de la Ferme

Buildings here are more recent (1990’s), and the real estate offer mainly comprises upmarket family apartments.
Boulevard du Commandant Charcot

Boulevard du Commandant Charcot

The boulevard gets its name from Jean-Baptiste Charcot, a native of Neuilly-sur-Seine who was not only a doctor but also a renowned polar explorer. The Boulevard du Commandant Charcot is a wide boulevard on the edge of the Bois de Boulogne, with properties commanding open views of the capital’s green lung. Notable buildings include number 53, the illustrious Commandant’s former residence built in 1813 and listed as a historical monument since May 1987.

The location of this neighborhood between Neuilly and the Bois de Boulogne is ideal for enthusiasts of outdoor activities.

Families visit the leafy Jardin d'acclimatation, golf enthusiasts head for the greens, and equestrian fans to the Société d'équitation de Paris.

Others may prefer to go shopping or relax in spas. Finally for fine dining head for the Bois de Boulogne and the jardins de Bagatelle or the Les Deux Étangs restaurants. www.equitation-paris.com

http://www.parisouest-sothebysrealty.com/estimation-quartier-neuilly-ile-de-la-jatte.html